Thursday, July 28, 2011

Illamasqua


I have a confession..... I am a nail polish hoarder....I know i have a problem but i keep buying...I have tried so many brands from chanel to wet n wild (basically everything)
I had heard of the makeup line Illamasqua for quite some time, and I had such high expectations about it. I love seeing their ad campaigns. Very over the top colours. I have been trying to get my hands on this brand for about a year. The only thing stopping me was that it is not sold in Alberta, and I don't like ordering makeup online. My cousin had ordered blushes off ebay and she hated them! So while I was in London I came across an Illamasqua store! I was beyond excited! I quickly walked inside and began shopping. 
I ended up walking out with a nail polish and a powder blush.....
So now the review!

Let's start off on a good note:
I love the blush-the pigmentation is amazing! It goes on so smoothly and lasts all day. The colour is called Lover and I do LUVVVV it...
My sister picked up a cream blush and she also loves it. I am not a fan of cream blushes but I actually do enjoy  Illamasqua's formula. 


In regards to the nail polish I HATE IT! 

I love the colour but the everything about the polish and the packaging sucks!  I bought the colour PURITY- (a nude/orange colour) In fact as I write this post i am wearing it and chipping it off. The brush sucks, the polish is so thick that it is hard to even apply, it goes on streaky even a few coats doesn't help and it chips like nobodies business. The top cap isn't even attached to the applicator so it keeps falling off. I had such high expectations for this product. 

I will stick to OPI! 

"purity"




No comments:

Post a Comment